Documents listed with the
icon are in Adobe Acobat (PDF) (About Adobe Acrobat) format. If you don't already have it; you will need to download Adobe's free Acrobat Reader.
Documents listed with the icon are accessible using Microsoft's Word. If you don't already have it; you will need to download Microsoft's free Word Viewer.
Documents listed with the icon are accessible using Microsoft's Excel. If you don't already have it; you will need to download Microsoft's free Excel Viewer.
Documents listed with the icon are accessible using Microsoft's PowerPoint. If you don't already have it; you will need to download Microsoft's free PowerPoint Viewer.
Is any action or measure that either prevents that occurrence of a disaster or reduces the severity of its effects.
Hazard Mitigation Planning is an important aspect of a successful mitigation program. Hazard mitigation planning is a collaborative process whereby hazards affecting the community are identified, vulnerability to the hazards are assessed, and consensus reached on how to minimize or eliminate the effects of these hazards.
The Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM)
This program provides technical and financial assistance to the State and local governments for cost-effective pre-disaster hazard mitigation activities that complement a comprehensive mitigation program, and reduce injuries, loss of life, and damage and destruction of property.
The Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP)
Provides grants to the State and local governments to implement long-term hazard mitigation measures after a major disaster declaration. The purpose of the program is to reduce the loss of life and property due to natural disasters and to enable mitigation measures to be implemented during the immediate recovery from a disaster.
|Forms / Reference Material|
- Code of Federal Regulations (44 CFR)
- FY 2010 Hazard Mitigation Assistance Unified Guidance - For disasters declared on or after June 1, 2009
- Hazard Mitigation Desk Reference - For disasters declared prior to June 1, 2009
- HMGP Engineering Checklist
- Code Office Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP)Reimbursement Guidelines Document Checklist
- Hazard Mitigation Grant Program FAQs
- FY 2005 Flood Mitigation Assistance Grant Program Guidance
- FY 2005 Flood Mitigation Assistance Attachment III FY 2005 FMA Deadline Reference Table
- Mitigation E-grant Procedures & Guidelines
- Property Acquisition Handbook for Local Communities "how to" guide to help communities work through one specific hazard mitigation alternative known as property acquisition (also referred to as "buyout"). This handbook also contains a toolkit with tools and forms, including checklists, fact sheets, and briefing notes, to aid the process.
- Reduce Your Risk From Natural Disasters
- Mitigation Fact Sheet - Cost Sharing & Matching
- FEMA e-Grants Helpdesk: 1-866-476-0544
Visit at https://portal.fema.gov
- HazardMaps.gov -
FEMA worked in partnership with NOAA, through the Multihazard Mapping Initiative, to create multihazard mapping web pages. The objective is to maintain a living atlas of hazards data and map services for advisory purposes supplied from a network of hazard and base map providers.
- 2014 STATE OF LOUISIANA HAZARD MITIGATION PLAN UPDATE
- Archive: 2008 State Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Parishes / Communities with FEMA approved FMA plans
- State Hazard Mitigation Plan Update Briefing Slides
- Disaster 1668 - April 23, 2007 - Hazard Mitigation briefing for the severe storms and flooding that occurred in North Louisiana in October 2006.
- FMA, RFC, PDM FY2007 Briefing Slides - November 2006
- Mitigation Newsletter - Vol 1, Issue 2 for September 2006
|Disaster Recovery Index|
|Public Assistance Forms Index|
|Information & Fact Sheet Index|
|Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)|
|Parish Contact Directory|
|NWS "HAZSTATS" - database and reports to include statistics on weather-related deaths, injuries, and damage estimates|